The Utilities Department oversees the city's various utility services such as water and garbage disposal.

Utility Billing Cycle

Utility Bills are sent out each month on the 1st working day of the month and are due on the 24th of that month. The bill will contain charges assessed for the previous month, from the first day to the last day of the month

For example, bills for utility services provided during the period from January 1st to January 31st will be mailed out February 1st, and will be due February 24th.

Payments not received by the last day of the month will be assessed a $15 late fee.

Utility Service Charges

Your monthly utility bill will consist of the following charges:

  • Culinary Water *
  • Garbage
  • Recycling
  • Green Waste (optional)
  • Secondary Water
  • Sewer and Storm Drain

West Point has agreements with both the Davis and Weber Canal Company and the North Davis Sewer District to include your secondary water and sewer charges as part of our monthly bill.  The only other utilities you should need to activate are with Dominion and Questar Gas.*

* Most houses west of the bluff (approx. 4100 W.) will be on the Hooper water system for their
drinking water. If your house is in this area, you can set up service for your house water by:

Returned Checks

A $45 service charge will be added to the user's utility account if a check is returned to the City.


As stated in the Utility Application, if any additional collection action is required to collect any balance owed, the user agrees to pay all collection costs, including court costs and reasonable attorneys' fees.


To activate or terminate services, please use the appropriate form and bring it to City Hall. You may also fax or email the application to cityhall@westpointcity.org. A $60 deposit is required for all new applications (may be paid over the phone for faxed or emailed applications. This deposit will be applied to your final bill. Proof of the Buyer, Seller, and Closing Date must also accompany your application. This is most easily done by sending the first page of your closing disclosure.




As of May 1, 2015, renters are no longer allowed to sign up for service. All utility accounts will stay in the homeowner's name, and proof of ownership must accompany all new applications for service. Please call City Hall at 801-776-0970 if you have any questions.